Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Removing Water From Your Property
Once our crew has arrived on site, inspected your property, and completed a full damage assessment, the next step we take is to remove any moisture. In this step, we remove the majority of the water using powerful water extraction equipment. Using our powerful equipment, we are able to quickly pump hundreds or thousands of gallons of water out of your property. Once this step is completed, we can begin the drying process!
If you are ever in need of our water mitigation services, don't hesitate and give our SERVPRO of South Philadelphia/SE Delaware County team a call today!
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of South Philadelphia / SE Delaware County can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.