“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Unfortunately, it's typical to hear a local restoration company advertise mold removal, perhaps you've heard this line: "Your mold experts! We remove mold."
Companies who make these claims misunderstand their own business. Mold isn't ever removed, it's mitigated. Removing mold from a home or business isn't possible. For one, mold is naturally occurring. Two, mold is microscopic, floating in the air all around. And three, mold is a part of a healthy eco-system.
And so, the goal isn't mold removal, it's mold remediation. In the areas where mold is visible and taken root in a property, our teams come in and remediate the mold. Remediation is a focus on identifying and addressing. Identifying the mold colonies and addressing these areas through variety of methods.
Our teams are professionals and we have a firm grasp on mold and mold growth.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (610) 237-9700
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (610) 237-9700
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of South Philadelphia / SE Delaware County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2190 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: